Saturday, 31 March 2018

Welcome To My Blog!

This post is here to introduce you to my blog in which I will tell you about the things I liked of this school year of AS Media Studies and the things I disliked.

What this blog is for  

My blog includes a large variety of research into the film industry such as British Cinema researching the two production companies Working Title and the indie, Warp. I also looked at Distribution, all the semiotics, and have analysis of a few films which I have looked at. These are films from different genres to get a grasp of what the general film opening conventions are. I have also looked at a few slasher openings to get more genre specific research. Throughout the year I have learnt a huge amount and have really developed my knowledge for the film industry, which ultimately led to having a final cut of our film opening Christmas Sleigher.

What I liked

I enjoyed a large variety of the course this year. I found that working with James and Oliver to be really good as we worked well as a team. I enjoyed researching all the theories and applying them to real life examples and our final cut. The practical work was definantly the highlight. I enjoyed the course as a whole and have had a great time in this AS Media Studies course.

What I didn't like

I fell behind at the start of the year and the catch up process on all the work that was missing took a huge amount of effort and I still feel if I had worked at my best from the start my blog and final cut would be better. I enjoyed the work but actually evidencing progress and research turned out to be hard for me. Getting used to the whole blogging on every single step took a while, but I feel I got there in the end. It was also hard to get a grasp of semiotics but the more I use them, the more I feel comfortable using them.     

No comments:

Post a Comment